Changes to MN Trout Stream Designations Options
s.t.fanatic
#11 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 3:21:17 PM

Guillermo wrote:
shebs wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:
rschmidt wrote:
I am sure the new designated water has made the usual happy MN landowners proud. Hahahaha. R

Keep your feet in the water at ALL times here in Minnesota when on posted land. Better yet just ask. 99% of the time permission will be granted.

I've found that number to be MUCH lower where I fish. Politely ask as a courtesy, sure, but inform them you'll be legally entering and walking through their property in the stream if they say no.

The particular landowner being referred to said no to me the first time I was there, and threatens to call the cops every time I (legally) fish there. He's quite familiar with my 'fucking go for it, buddy' look. Thinks his $750k house entitles him to the water too, so I make a point to get under his skin a few times a year.

Let him call and watch him get laughed at when they get there.

I'm guessing your out of state plates have a big part of not being able to gain permission over here. Then again the $750K house type are a different breed.
EddieRivard
#12 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 3:47:18 PM

s.t.fanatic wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
shebs wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:
rschmidt wrote:
I am sure the new designated water has made the usual happy MN landowners proud. Hahahaha. R

Keep your feet in the water at ALL times here in Minnesota when on posted land. Better yet just ask. 99% of the time permission will be granted.

I've found that number to be MUCH lower where I fish. Politely ask as a courtesy, sure, but inform them you'll be legally entering and walking through their property in the stream if they say no.

The particular landowner being referred to said no to me the first time I was there, and threatens to call the cops every time I (legally) fish there. He's quite familiar with my 'fucking go for it, buddy' look. Thinks his $750k house entitles him to the water too, so I make a point to get under his skin a few times a year.

Let him call and watch him get laughed at when they get there.

I'm guessing your out of state plates have a big part of not being able to gain permission over here. Then again the $750K house type are a different breed.

Shebs is Minnesota born and bred.
On the trout streams is where he earned most of his cred.
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all castin' some spinners outside of the pool
When one wealthy landowner who thought he owned the stream bed
Started to doubt Sheb's stream cred
He got in one little shouting match and his lady got scared
She said, "You're done trout fishin' and I don't even care".

LOL
shebs
#13 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 4:39:07 PM

s.t.fanatic wrote:

MN plates on MN water. I usually fish in WI nowadays since there is more water, a shorter drive, and more lenient access laws. But this guy is just a world class asshole LOL
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
William Schlafer
#14 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 4:42:07 PM

EddieRivard wrote:

Shebs is Minnesota born and bred.
On the trout streams is where he earned most of his cred.
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all castin' some spinners outside of the pool
When one wealthy landowner who thought he owned the stream bed
Started to doubt Sheb's stream cred
He got in one little shouting match and his lady got scared
She said, "You're done trout fishin' and I don't even care".

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Eddie Rivard - DTA Poet Laureate

Smile

-Bill

“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
kschaefer3
#15 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 6:32:55 PM

s.t.fanatic wrote:
Then again the $750K house type are a different breed.

Seems like a vast generalization. I've known plenty of those types who would gladly let people fish their land without being an asshole about it.
shebs
#16 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 6:45:29 PM

kschaefer3 wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:

Seems like a vast generalization. I've known plenty of those types who would gladly let people fish their land without being an asshole about it.

Yeah but this guy inherited it. His family owns a lot of land in the area (checked the plats). I think this adds to his attitude.
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
kschaefer3
#17 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 7:06:44 PM

shebs wrote:
kschaefer3 wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:

Yeah but this guy inherited it. His family owns a lot of land in the area (checked the plats). I think this adds to his attitude.

I'm sure this guys is an asshole. Not arguing that at all. Just because someone has money, inherited or not, doesn't mean they automatically are though. The implication just doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure there are some of those "$750K house types" on DTA that are great people, just like I'm sure some of the other non $750K house types are awful people.
shebs
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:25:32 AM

kschaefer3 wrote:
shebs wrote:
kschaefer3 wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:

I'm sure this guys is an asshole. Not arguing that at all. Just because someone has money, inherited or not, doesn't mean they automatically are though. The implication just doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure there are some of those "$750K house types" on DTA that are great people, just like I'm sure some of the other non $750K house types are awful people.

I hear ya. It is absolutely an over generalization. But in my experience there is usually a difference between someone who busted their ass for their money and someone who won the parental lottery. You're certainly right though, it's not always the case. If you want, I can tell you where to find this asshole and you can judge for yourself BigGrin
Decent chance to find a 20+ in "his" creek...obnoxious landowners mean it doesn't get fished much.
s.t.fanatic
#19 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 3:45:57 PM

kschaefer3 wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:

Generalization yes. We make them all the time. One wouldn't have to do it so often if their generalizations were wrong a little more often. There are plenty of other generalizations i could make that would upset millions of people but there are plenty of statistics to back them up. Maybe the government can throw away millions of taxpayer dollars doing a survey on Minnesota landowners who own big houses with trout streams flowing through their property to help backup my generalization.
kschaefer3
#20 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:48:13 PM

^dick