Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Rochester area Options
insubordinateangler
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:13:23 AM

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm going to be in Rochester for several days and was wondering if there are streams around town. I have fished all over Iowa and Wisconsin but this is my first trip to this area. Does the Minnesota DNR put out trout maps like Iowa and Wisconsin? If so can someone post a link? Thanks.

Jason
mbchilton
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:47:45 AM

When are you coming up? Give me a shout.

insubordinateangler
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:51:26 AM

Leaving here Wednesday morning, I'll
Have appointments during the the day but I'm looking to fish the in the evenings, I'll get ahold of you.
shebs
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:36:25 AM

MN DNR Trout Stream Maps

Nothing right in town, except for Foster Arend Pond, which gets stocker rainbows throughout the year, but maps 4 thru 11 aren't too far a drive for a morning or evening outing.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
insubordinateangler
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:36:41 PM

Thanks shebs, that will certainly get me started.
NBrevitz
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:05:26 PM

The entire Root system is worth a look. My personal favorite is the Rush/Pine Creek system north of Rushford, on map #5. Tons of water, easy access, and if you're a fly guy its incredibly open. Just please release any Brookies you catch.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
trapper
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:40:10 AM

NBrevitz wrote:
The entire Root system is worth a look. My personal favorite is the Rush/Pine Creek system north of Rushford, on map #5. Tons of water, easy access, and if you're a fly guy its incredibly open. Just please release any Brookies you catch.

I was totally impressed,will return soon
Get Reel

insubordinateangler
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:55:03 PM

Thanks guys, I always release the Browns and brooks, I release 95% of the rainbows I catch but once or twice I year I keep one or two to eat. They sent me back to Iowa today but I will be heading back up Monday and should get some fishing in on Monday and Tuesday.
shebs
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:07:11 PM

insubordinateangler wrote:
Thanks guys, I always release the Browns and brooks, I release 95% of the rainbows I catch but once or twice I year I keep one or two to eat. They sent me back to Iowa today but I will be heading back up Monday and should get some fishing in on Monday and Tuesday.

Do the brookies a favor and eat the browns if you find both in a stream Razz
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
NBrevitz
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:33:49 PM

shebs wrote:
insubordinateangler wrote:

Do the brookies a favor and eat the browns if you find both in a stream Razz

See above; I love Browns but they're reaching such high numbers that they're even starting to push Brookies out of the headwaters and feeders on quite a few streams. The system I recommended has PLENTY of Browns so please don't hesitate to take a few 8-12s.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."