Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
insubordinateangler  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:13:23 PM(UTC)
insubordinateangler
Rank: Midge

Joined: 6/15/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5
Location: Iowa

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm going to be in Rochester for several days and was wondering if there are streams around town. I have fished all over Iowa and Wisconsin but this is my first trip to this area. Does the Minnesota DNR put out trout maps like Iowa and Wisconsin? If so can someone post a link? Thanks.

Jason
mbchilton  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:47:45 PM(UTC)
mbchilton
Rank: Dragon Fly

Joined: 12/16/2012(UTC)
Posts: 352
Man
Location: Decorah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When are you coming up? Give me a shout.

insubordinateangler  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 6:51:26 PM(UTC)
insubordinateangler
Rank: Midge

Joined: 6/15/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5
Location: Iowa

Leaving here Wednesday morning, I'll
Have appointments during the the day but I'm looking to fish the in the evenings, I'll get ahold of you.
shebs  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:36:25 PM(UTC)
shebs
Rank: Stone Fly

Joined: 5/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 771
Location: Mpls

Thanks: 2 times
MN DNR Trout Stream Maps

Nothing right in town, except for Foster Arend Pond, which gets stocker rainbows throughout the year, but maps 4 thru 11 aren't too far a drive for a morning or evening outing.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
insubordinateangler  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:36:41 AM(UTC)
insubordinateangler
Rank: Midge

Joined: 6/15/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5
Location: Iowa

Thanks shebs, that will certainly get me started.
NBrevitz  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:05:26 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 3/16/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,176
Man
Location: Lake Elmo, Mn

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
The entire Root system is worth a look. My personal favorite is the Rush/Pine Creek system north of Rushford, on map #5. Tons of water, easy access, and if you're a fly guy its incredibly open. Just please release any Brookies you catch.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:06:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
trapper  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:40:10 PM(UTC)
trapper
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 3/24/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,098
Location: West Fork

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NBrevitz wrote:
The entire Root system is worth a look. My personal favorite is the Rush/Pine Creek system north of Rushford, on map #5. Tons of water, easy access, and if you're a fly guy its incredibly open. Just please release any Brookies you catch.

I was totally impressed,will return soon
Get Reel
insubordinateangler  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:55:03 AM(UTC)
insubordinateangler
Rank: Midge

Joined: 6/15/2016(UTC)
Posts: 5
Location: Iowa

Thanks guys, I always release the Browns and brooks, I release 95% of the rainbows I catch but once or twice I year I keep one or two to eat. They sent me back to Iowa today but I will be heading back up Monday and should get some fishing in on Monday and Tuesday.
shebs  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:07:11 AM(UTC)
shebs
Rank: Stone Fly

Joined: 5/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 771
Location: Mpls

Thanks: 2 times
insubordinateangler wrote:
Thanks guys, I always release the Browns and brooks, I release 95% of the rainbows I catch but once or twice I year I keep one or two to eat. They sent me back to Iowa today but I will be heading back up Monday and should get some fishing in on Monday and Tuesday.


Do the brookies a favor and eat the browns if you find both in a stream Razz
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
NBrevitz  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:33:49 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz
Rank: Super Fly

Joined: 3/16/2013(UTC)
Posts: 1,176
Man
Location: Lake Elmo, Mn

Thanks: 15 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
shebs wrote:
insubordinateangler wrote:
Thanks guys, I always release the Browns and brooks, I release 95% of the rainbows I catch but once or twice I year I keep one or two to eat. They sent me back to Iowa today but I will be heading back up Monday and should get some fishing in on Monday and Tuesday.


Do the brookies a favor and eat the browns if you find both in a stream Razz

See above; I love Browns but they're reaching such high numbers that they're even starting to push Brookies out of the headwaters and feeders on quite a few streams. The system I recommended has PLENTY of Browns so please don't hesitate to take a few 8-12s.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
Rochester area (Stream Advice )
by jimthefish 5/31/2017 7:58:02 AM(UTC)
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2017, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.194 seconds.