Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chenhyperborea  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:17:46 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

Just a quick note, I was asked to write a feature article for the November / December issue of Midwest Hunting and Fishing Magazine on winter fly fishing the Minnesota Driftless Area. If anyone is so inclined to check it out, it's a print magazine as well as online. I was very pleased with the way the article came out as was the Editor who asked me to write for several upcoming issues on varies fly fishing topics.

http://www.midwesthuntfish.com/

Edited by user Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:19:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
Sponsor
West Branch  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:43:40 PM(UTC)
West Branch

Very cool. Just don't give up too much information.

I'll be interested to see what I'm missing in the Minnesota Driftless.
chenhyperborea  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:54:45 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

Never reveal all the trade secrets ;-)
Obviously it doesn't name any specific streams but gives general tips, techniques and tactics geared more towards the fly angler who has some experience but may be new to winter fishing. Most experienced anglers will know most of the information already but who knows, we all have something to learn!
Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886