Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chenhyperborea  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:11:35 AM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

It was one of those Epic afternoons on the water yesterday. Slightly stained but clearing water combined with cooler temps and cloudy skies proved to be the key ingredients for success. With Fall approaching and the pre-spawn / spawn period getting closer the big guys are starting to move and feed aggressively. I was throwing my hand-tied Wooly Bugger / Streamer patterns and landed well over 20 Browns, including this big male. I love this time of year in the Driftless Area of Minnesota - waterfowl hunting and catching large Browns on the fly!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
Sponsor
MNFishhunter  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 4:58:12 PM(UTC)
MNFishhunter

I was out with a friend today and we had a good day. Cooler weather and stained water are perfect for streamers. Sorry Brian, I high jacked your post.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2016 4:58:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chenhyperborea  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 5:21:35 PM(UTC)
chenhyperborea

No problem .... congratulations, I love the photos!
Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done."
Charles F. Orvis, 1886
NBrevitz  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 6:31:04 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Nice fish on both accounts!
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
weiliwen  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:11:16 AM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Not only are those bruisers, but they look really healthy; a sign of a good ecosystem. I see what HookJaw said in the Trapfest post about the streamside plants being washed away.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"