Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeray1986  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:25:23 AM(UTC)
mikeray1986

Man

Hello! I'm an avid fisherman from West Virginia and have been reading on the boards here. Wasn't sure the best place to post, but here we go. My friend, Beau, is the creator of Catch Cam Nets. You can see how cool it is, I'll post some pics below. Also there is a video in the link. We're trying to raise funding for the project via Kickstarter and would like to get the fishing community involved to see where our nets stand among real fishermen. Please check out our page here; https://www.kickstarter....614806578/catch-cam-nets

Thanks in advance for the support. I truly believe in his idea. Please consider helping or sharing the project with the fishing community so that we can make this awesome project a reality.

Cheers!

Michael A. Ray

Sponsor
mikeray1986  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:29:42 AM(UTC)
mikeray1986

Man

Here's some shots of our nets in action. They are for SALE so donate by January 4 to be among the first anglers in the world to have them. Thanks in advance for the support. Tight lines!

[img]https://drive.google.com/uc?view&id=0ByQRqUG5t0YXcElQN1ZiQjlMOGM[/img]

[img]https://drive.google.com/uc?view&id=0ByQRqUG5t0YXU3NyTG1taEswUEk[/img]

[img]https://drive.google.com/uc?view&id=0ByQRqUG5t0YXWEFVZmtmdDRuMEk[/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:56:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EddieRivard  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:51:46 AM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I'm tempted to delete this spam but will let it rot here just so I can bash it.

This is one of the dumbest fishing related inventions I've ever seen. -Eddie Rivard
Drool
mikeray1986  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:02:17 AM(UTC)
mikeray1986

Man

Thanks... We are looking for constructive criticism for our product. That's why I'm posting on the boards here where there are so many great fishermen and ideas being bounced around.

Cheers!
EddieRivard  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:51:25 AM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
mikeray1986 wrote:
Thanks... We are looking for constructive criticism for our product. That's why I'm posting on the boards here where there are so many great fishermen and ideas being bounced around.

Cheers!

Oh you are most welcome kind sir. If you ever need to vet an idea or product just post about it here and I will give you an honest and informed judgement. You may not always like it. But you will know. And knowing is half the battle.
mikeray1986  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:03:12 AM(UTC)
mikeray1986

Man

That's why we're here! We want to see what serious anglers think of the product. It's still in development, so there are a few bugs. Any help is appreciated. What is it about the product that you dislike? Are there any features that you'd be interested in learning more about?
jfinn  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:07:47 AM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just use your existing net and a go pro mount.
moosekid  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
moosekid

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Eddie,

Do you think it works well for photographing an empty net? If so, perhaps MNMountainMan might have a use for it...

(confession: I used this joke on a different forum hit by this spammer)
mjager0  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:27:44 PM(UTC)
mjager0

Man

jfinn wrote:
Just use your existing net and a go pro mount.

I've thought about doing this, but all the mounts I've seen used to attach a go pro to a pole orient the camera so its facing perpendicular instead of parallel to the handle.

I don't think this is a bad idea. I wouldn't cough up the money for a whole new net just so I could mount my camera to it, but if there was a product that made it simpler to mount a go pro to the net I already have, I think it would be worth dropping a few bucks.

The video on the kickstart page thoughLOL , I think people have a hard time taking this product seriously when you introduce it with the most terribly cheesy video like that. It was worth watching for the laughs at least.
- Matt
Instagram
William Schlafer  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:17:41 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Most GoPro fishing videos are terrible. Except this one, which is awesome. No goofy background music, or silly narration. Just catching Trout in the winter, one after another.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos