Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OTC_MN  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:20:07 PM(UTC)
OTC_MN

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Why stop there?

UserPostedImage
"Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."
- Roderick Haig-Brown
jfinn  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:03:44 PM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
mjager0 wrote:
jfinn wrote:
Just use your existing net and a go pro mount.

I've thought about doing this, but all the mounts I've seen used to attach a go pro to a pole orient the camera so its facing perpendicular instead of parallel to the handle.

I don't think this is a bad idea. I wouldn't cough up the money for a whole new net just so I could mount my camera to it, but if there was a product that made it simpler to mount a go pro to the net I already have, I think it would be worth dropping a few bucks.

The video on the kickstart page thoughLOL , I think people have a hard time taking this product seriously when you introduce it with the most terribly cheesy video like that. It was worth watching for the laughs at least.

Use one of the mounts with the 3M VHB tape then a j-mount to stand the camera up. tightlinevideo on YouTube showed an example about a year ago.
rschmidt  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:29:01 PM(UTC)
rschmidt

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
https://www.youtube.com/...UCC4l8rhC9R2uI_h2DwmXjdQ

That channel has the Best trout fishing videos in the world!!!

Also, the draw backs to a net cam include: 1) it will get busted. I wear by net on by back and the number of times I stepped on it, got hung up on a submerged log, sliding down a bank on it, and had Shebs tangle my spinners in them for his own pleasure. None of that footage is acceptable and that camera will be sunk to the bottom soon. 2) the angle of the net handle is not cinematic. 3) The netting of the fish is my least interest compared to watching the whole activity - environment, cast, retrieve, hit and fight to the net.

peace R
MN Mountain Man  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:44:01 PM(UTC)
MN Mountain Man

Quote:
Eddie,

Do you think it works well for photographing an empty net? If so, perhaps MNMountainMan might have a use for it...

(confession: I used this joke on a different forum hit by this spammer)

Ouch! I gotta admit I haven't hooked into a fish big enough to net since OctoberMad Hit me up next time you're out here and I'll show you whats up though.

As far as the net is concerned I agree with Ron. I'd break that think in no time.

Edited by user Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:44:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Trouts  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:59:30 PM(UTC)
Trouts

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I got a good laugh from the kickstarter video. I would think you would have much better luck making a universal mount than the whole net system. Either way I'm not interested.
“If the trout are lost, smash the state. More than any other fish, trout are dependent upon the ambience in which they are caught… At the first signs of deterioration, this otherwise vigorous fish just politely quits, as if to say, ‘If that’s how you want it…’”
moosekid  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:52:19 PM(UTC)
moosekid

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
MN Mountain Man wrote:
Quote:
Eddie,

Do you think it works well for photographing an empty net? If so, perhaps MNMountainMan might have a use for it...

(confession: I used this joke on a different forum hit by this spammer)

Ouch! I gotta admit I haven't hooked into a fish big enough to net since OctoberMad Hit me up next time you're out here and I'll show you whats up though.

As far as the net is concerned I agree with Ron. I'd break that think in no time.

Gonna be back in late December -- perhaps i'll bring a 3 wt...
shebs  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:07:29 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
rschmidt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4l8rhC9R2uI_h2DwmXjdQ

That channel has the Best trout fishing videos in the world!!!

Also, the draw backs to a net cam include: 1) it will get busted. I wear by net on by back and the number of times I stepped on it, got hung up on a submerged log, sliding down a bank on it, and had Shebs tangle my spinners in them for his own pleasure. None of that footage is acceptable and that camera will be sunk to the bottom soon. 2) the angle of the net handle is not cinematic. 3) The netting of the fish is my least interest compared to watching the whole activity - environment, cast, retrieve, hit and fight to the net.

peace R

Hey now, since you've been on IR I replaced the netting on my frickin frabill so now I can net your fish with only celebratory profanity Razz

Edited by moderator Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:45:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
rschmidt  
#18 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 8:01:19 AM(UTC)
rschmidt

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 31 post(s)
only celebratory profanity ...

Hahaha, another skill we both possess ThumpUp R
mikeray1986  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 8:46:50 AM(UTC)
mikeray1986

Man

Thanks for all the input so far. We're taking notes of different ideas from all the anglers we have been hearing from and will keep them in mind. Please note that this is NOT the final product. We will be going through more designs if the kickstarter is a success. If not, back to the drawing boards. Cheers!
mikeray1986  
#20 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2016 12:34:11 PM(UTC)
mikeray1986

Man

jfinn wrote:
Just use your existing net and a go pro mount.

We actually used to do this. The Catch Cam is built for a little thougher use though. The old mounts were always falling off, getting parts broken, forgot at home, etc. catch. Arms are also versatile. We have net handle extensions and costomizable color and net option. Thanks for the comments though, we are taking note of all this feedback for our project.

Edited by user Friday, December 9, 2016 2:54:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified