Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

Constructive Conservation Thread Options
EddieRivard
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 8:36:39 PM

As men we should be able to discuss conservation related issues without the conversation becoming heated and unruly. If you find that you cannot contribute constructively to the conversation about conversation please refrain from posting. We all care about conservation and have different ways of expressing it. It doesn't mean we have to be hateful to one another. As far as the thread I just deleted goes it started out good and then went to pot. I didn't have time to only delete the offensive posts so I axed the whole thing. Next time I will start issuing suspensions to those who disobey the DTA code of conduct.

-Eddie
ThumpUp
stan b
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 8:51:45 PM

My apologies.
Stan b
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
WI-fly
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2016 11:00:26 PM

stan b wrote:
My apologies.
Stan b

Same here on the apologies. I didn't see the "went to pot" responses, but I know I didn't help by throwing out some political names and corresponding aspersions. I'm a firm believer in civil discourse about controversial topics as a means to best participate in our Jeffersonian Democracy, so I will stay out of the mud.

As one who loves the outdoors and is currently the president of a TU chapter, I encourage all of us to consider how we help/hurt our natural resources. Let's all be careful about how our own actions affect the environment, and be good citizens about influencing decision makers on how to protect that environment.
=============

Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.

CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
Guillermo
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2017 12:36:38 AM

EddieRivard wrote:
As men we should be able to discuss conservation related issues without the conversation becoming heated and unruly. If you find that you cannot contribute constructively to the conversation about conversation please refrain from posting. We all care about conservation and have different ways of expressing it. It doesn't mean we have to be hateful to one another. As far as the thread I just deleted goes it started out good and then went to pot. I didn't have time to only delete the offensive posts so I axed the whole thing. Next time I will start issuing suspensions to those who disobey the DTA code of conduct.

-Eddie
ThumpUp

Can I repost my original link to the story so people who want to read it can?
EddieRivard
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 01, 2017 1:01:10 AM

Guillermo wrote:
EddieRivard wrote:

-Eddie
ThumpUp

Can I repost my original link to the story so people who want to read it can?

Hell yes you can. ThumpUp