Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pete  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 7:15:06 AM(UTC)
Pete

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Guillermo wrote:
The bill is officially dead! Looks like that little weenie backed down in the face of massive public backlash.

http://www.mensjournal.c...off-public-lands-w464503

That was sure good news. Now Chaffetz needs to withdraw the other bill he proposed, the one to hand law enforcement duties on federal lands to local cops.

He sure didn't like the spotlight on him, did he?
wisconsinwaters  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 10:18:25 AM(UTC)
wisconsinwaters

Hell yea #keepitpublic
William Schlafer  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 11:23:19 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Don't be too surprised if this doesn't reappear in a slightly different form once the backlash quiets down. The individuals and groups behind this legislation have too much to gain ($) by it's passage. Their lobbying groups control the legislative and executive branches right now - and they know they'll eventually get what they want, once they put the right spin on it.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Guillermo  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 6:02:37 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
William Schlafer wrote:
Don't be too surprised if this doesn't reappear in a slightly different form once the backlash quiets down. The individuals and groups behind this legislation have too much to gain ($) by it's passage. Their lobbying groups control the legislative and executive branches right now - and they know they'll eventually get what they want, once they put the right spin on it.

-Bill

We'll just have to create the same amount of backlash next time.
West Branch  
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:55:10 AM(UTC)
West Branch

This causes me to wonder about the definition of a "Great America" Are the characteristics of American greatness exemplified by privately owned roads, schools, parks, and watersheds that provide drinking water and recreation for countless millions of people.

Perhaps we'll know that American greatness has returned when the Cuyahoga River catches fire.

Be vigilant. Call and write to your elected representatives. All the places now held in public trust will truly be gone forever if we turn our backs now. I didn't realize that catching some trout would require me to get so pissed off.
wibirdhunter  
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2017 10:08:35 AM(UTC)
wibirdhunter

Man

Glad to see a politician actually listened and changed his mind. Extremely foolish move on the part of republicans to go after public land and although I don't share the doom and gloom outlook on it as a lot of people I'm certainly no fan of selling public land to cover cost of government waste.