Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2017 8:54:11 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I finally got the chance to try out my new Orvis Sun Gloves today. It wasn't the least bit sunny out, but I thought they might help keep my hands warm in the chilly air.

These gloves are a big improvement over the green Buffs I had used over that last two seasons. They fit much better, have fewer irritating seams, and are well built. They're light enough to dry quickly when wet and supple enough to easily tie knots or do other delicate stuff with them on. After awhile, I had forgotten I was wearing them.

Highly recommended.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Sponsor
weiliwen  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:27:59 AM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Not a bad price, either. I will be making my way south to the Yucatan Peninsula for vacation this summer (off-season, but that's when the window of opportunity is open), and I plan to do some light salt water fishing. These would be perfect.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
kinni  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:48:49 PM(UTC)
kinni

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Looks good. I wouldn't have necessarily thought of using sun gloves like that in the winter time for warmth, but glad to hear they worked out well for you.
William Schlafer  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 7:06:17 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
kinni wrote:
Looks good. I wouldn't have necessarily thought of using sun gloves like that in the winter time for warmth, but glad to hear they worked out well for you.

They worked surprisingly well keeping my hands warm, but it was pretty mild out Saturday. I doubt they would suffice in sub-freezing temps.

BTW; if you look to buy a pair of these, dig around the Interwebs and you should be able to locate a coupon for Orvis. If you are already in their customer database, they may also extend a discount to you if you ask.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos