Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snbrd4evr  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 7:29:43 AM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We had a great Sunday that was not expected! Fished for about 3 hours and probably caught about 15 between us.

The day started out by pleasing the creek gods...

UserPostedImage

Then things got serious when we noticed the midges were going nuts and fish were jumping everywhere. My buddy caught his first dry fly fish... Which was a whopper.

UserPostedImage

Then the wind died and awesome dry-fly land started slowing down. So I went to a really ugly pink squirrel I made the night before. I really do mean ugly btw... it looked like a pink neck wrapped in brown weeds. But it worked! I caught one decent fish and lost 2 others (so help me god... I'll go back there and get them! Cursing )

UserPostedImage

It definitely lifted the spirits as I dislocated my non-casting arm a few weeks ago and I was worried about pulling line out (it was a little funky feeling and needed ice after). And last time we went to this location we caught 1 fish. So all is well this Monday! I have physical therapy today and hopefully the crazy russian shoulder lady doesn't curse me out for fishing Flapper

Edited by user Monday, March 6, 2017 7:32:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: edited to shrink photos, they weren't auto-sizing for some reason... :/

Sponsor
WI-fly  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 6:58:46 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Congrats on a great day. You drank some damn fine beer and then you caught a fish on an ugly fly you tied yourself. I definitely understand the ugly fly feeling. I tie a lot of those. Good luck with therapy!
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
snbrd4evr  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 10:16:04 PM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
WI-fly wrote:
Congrats on a great day. You drank some damn fine beer and then you caught a fish on an ugly fly you tied yourself. I definitely understand the ugly fly feeling. I tie a lot of those. Good luck with therapy!

Thanks for the kind words! The pink squirrel was truly ugly, but I guess those are the ones that catch the fish. My physical therapist didn't know what fly fishing was so I showed her a video. She then extended my arm farther than it has in the past 3 weeks and laughed because I had stretched it so much fishing.