What is that, a musky net?

Laugh

Nice fish.

Smile
Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
William Schlafer
#132 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 5:50:39 PM

WI-fly wrote:
My Fathers Day gift was a new net after losing my net on opening day. I love the net, but it sure makes my fish look small. :)

Nice! Give us a full review on that Fishpond net. Is it heavy? Is the frame composite or plastic? Dimensions?

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
William Schlafer
#133 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 5:54:32 PM

[quote=WI-fly] My son Gavin on a beautiful chunk of water as the day came to an end.

Really nice photo!

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
WI-fly
#134 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 7:13:34 PM

Gurth wrote:

Laugh

Nice fish.

Smile

That's what I was thinking, built for Muskies.

More details about the net...
- Nomad series from Fishpond
- This is the series, but I bought the brown trout pattern from the Driftless Angler fly shop.
- Made out of fiberglass and carbon fiber, which I'm sure will annoy the "purists" we have discussed before. Very light net.
- Basket is 17.5" and the whole thing is about 25"
- The basket is pretty deep so should be good for scooping up those monster browns I never catch.
- The net also floats, but hopefully I don't have to test that and see it float away.
- After losing my last net somewhere on Coon Creek, I'm doubly careful with this one and will add some zip ties to the attaching points on the magnet holder I use.
- Gift from my kids for Fathers Day. The one it replaces was a birthday gift from the kids when I first started fly fishing about 8 years ago.
=============

Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.

CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
William Schlafer
#135 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 7:26:48 PM

WI-fly wrote:
After losing my last net somewhere on Coon Creek, I'm doubly careful with this one and will add some zip ties to the attaching points on the magnet holder I use.

Get yourself one of these: Rose Creek Net Release.

This thing has worked flawlessly for five seasons now of heavy use and shows little sign of wear.

-Bill
Gurth
#136 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 7:34:35 PM

Bill

Does that release easily when you have to use it and hold otherwise?
Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
William Schlafer
#137 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 10:37:22 PM

Gurth wrote:
Bill

Does that release easily when you have to use it and hold otherwise?

Yes. A quick jerk and it comes off the clip. Ive only had it come off accidentally after a fall. Highly recommended.

-Bill
NE IA Drifter
#138 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:42:46 AM

WI-fly wrote:
Gurth wrote:

Laugh

Nice fish.

Smile

That's what I was thinking, built for Muskies.

More details about the net...
- Nomad series from Fishpond
- This is the series, but I bought the brown trout pattern from the Driftless Angler fly shop.
- Made out of fiberglass and carbon fiber, which I'm sure will annoy the "purists" we have discussed before. Very light net.
- Basket is 17.5" and the whole thing is about 25"
- The basket is pretty deep so should be good for scooping up those monster browns I never catch.
- The net also floats, but hopefully I don't have to test that and see it float away.
- After losing my last net somewhere on Coon Creek, I'm doubly careful with this one and will add some zip ties to the attaching points on the magnet holder I use.
- Gift from my kids for Fathers Day. The one it replaces was a birthday gift from the kids when I first started fly fishing about 8 years ago.

I got the same style net a few yrs ago. Really like it but my one complaint is the finish comes off somewhat easily... somewhat expected but would have liked to see it stay a little longer...