Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

Flip-up Polarized glasses Options
SquareEgg
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 8:38:17 PM

Over the winter I ended up getting prescription glasses for the first time. My current pair of polarized sunnys don't fit over these glasses and give me quite a bit of trouble stream side- fussing with eyewear when I'm supposed to be fishing Cursing
Any experience or recommendations here for flip up style, quality, polarized glasses? I've seen a few on racks at Wal-Mart, sub $20, but I'm skeptical of the quality.
I can't do contacts, and fishing without my prescriptions isn't really an option. I suppose if anyone could recommend good fit-over sunglasses, I could look into those as well. Just really wanting to avoid prescription sunglasses at this point.
Thanks in advanced for an info here.
Djo
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 11:11:26 PM

All of the flipups I have used are made of cheap plastic and the optical quality is not fantastic. In addition, they will in a couple of years wear through the coating on you lenses where the grippers attach to the glass. Never the less, there really are no better solutions that I have found. I have settled on the Cacoon brand that are available at Cabelas and BassPro. They provide a range of lens colors that I have not found elsewhere. They are about $20.
David
AKinMN
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 02, 2017 11:17:11 PM

Prescription sunglasses
AJRobertson
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:47:03 AM

The polarized fishing sunglasses will not only work to protect your eyes from the harsh rays reflecting off the water, but they also work to enhance your game by filtering out certain lighting. The best fishing sunglasses with the ultimate fishing lenses will enable you to effortlessly and clearly spot your fish below the surface.