Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sparcegrey  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:53:09 AM(UTC)
sparcegrey

Last year I broke the tip on my TFO Professional 6wt. Then I managed to lose the broken tip and the third section. After a call to TFO I sent in the two remaining sections which they received last Tuesday (4/11) . Today (4/18) I received a completely new Professional 2 6wt. Cost? $12 shipping and $35 warranty fee.

These rods are not expensive but cast well and you cant beat the costumer service. I have their 3wt, Bvk 8wt and 12 wt as well.

chuck
Sponsor
WI-fly  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:09:36 AM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
That's good to hear. I hope I have the same experience with Echo. Sadly, I broke my favorite rod (Echo Carbon 8' 4wt) this past weekend. I wish I could say a monster fish broke me, but it was me being careless walking down the bank with the tip in the air. Fly caught a branch above me and somehow also hooked in the top eye. Top inch broke off. :(

Same warranty as TFO. $35 and I pay the shipping. I haven't sent it in yet, but am assuming they will take care of me.
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
jfinn  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:32:48 PM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
WI-fly wrote:
That's good to hear. I hope I have the same experience with Echo. Sadly, I broke my favorite rod (Echo Carbon 8' 4wt) this past weekend. I wish I could say a monster fish broke me, but it was me being careless walking down the bank with the tip in the air. Fly caught a branch above me and somehow also hooked in the top eye. Top inch broke off. :(

Same warranty as TFO. $35 and I pay the shipping. I haven't sent it in yet, but am assuming they will take care of me.

I've have to do a warranty claim with both TFO and Echo, process was easy and painless. I wasn't luck enough to get the free upgrade but they did turn the rods around in a few weeks so lost time was limited.
WI-fly  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:44:43 AM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
jfinn wrote:
WI-fly wrote:

I've have to do a warranty claim with both TFO and Echo, process was easy and painless. I wasn't luck enough to get the free upgrade but they did turn the rods around in a few weeks so lost time was limited.

How did you ship your broken rod? I still have the sleeve and tube. Did you just wrap the tube in paper and tape?

=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
Zugbug  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:38:29 PM(UTC)
Zugbug

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When shipping rods, I've placed the rod & tube inside a length of PVC pipe, then fastened the shipping label directly to the pipe.
jfinn  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:01:00 PM(UTC)
jfinn

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
WI-fly wrote:
jfinn wrote:
WI-fly wrote:

How did you ship your broken rod? I still have the sleeve and tube. Did you just wrap the tube in paper and tape?

I used a cardboard tube with the plastic caps and wrapped the rod in bubble wrap.