Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeJuran  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:53:38 PM(UTC)
MikeJuran

Man

Looking for float guidevrecommendations for a friend of mine in late July early august. I think flat river opens aug 1 but looking for recommendations for last week in July.
Fly Me A River
Sponsor
Zugbug  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 8:15:56 PM(UTC)
Zugbug

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There are several reputable outfitters who are based in Jackson. I've fished with a guide employed by Worldcast Anglers, liked him, and would be happy to PM you with his name if you want it. As far as I know, Flat Creek is generally fished from the bank - tough fishing. The Snake River is the most popular float trip...at times, maybe too popular. Your friend might consider other possibilities, like the Green or Salt Rivers.
MikeJuran  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 6:51:07 AM(UTC)
MikeJuran

Man

Zugbug wrote:
There are several reputable outfitters who are based in Jackson. I've fished with a guide employed by Worldcast Anglers, liked him, and would be happy to PM you with his name if you want it. As far as I know, Flat Creek is generally fished from the bank - tough fishing. The Snake River is the most popular float trip...at times, maybe too popular. Your friend might consider other possibilities, like the Green or Salt Rivers.

Thanks, yes please PM his name ..... I have hired a number of guides in the past, usually on the recommendation/experience of someone else. The one time I did not and relied on shop to assign a guide, it didn't quite pan out... wasn't 'bad' but was not caliber of other guides that came recommended.

Thanks

mj
Fly Me A River
flyfishingfreak  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 7:00:24 AM(UTC)
flyfishingfreak

Man

Drive to the idaho side and fish the south fork of the snake. Bigger fish. dm me if you want some more info. I personally guide the south fork, but know many of the guides on the Jackson side too. Dm me if you want