Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheDancingMan  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:01:48 PM(UTC)
TheDancingMan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NBrevitz wrote:
Alright guys, lets debate nicely and not ruin any friendships....
And... GoLaugh

I was quite nice inviting St fanatic for a drink and a conversation. I was trying to be sincere but it was not reciprocated.
NBrevitz  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:18:15 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
TheDancingMan wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:
And... GoLaugh

I was quite nice inviting St fanatic for a drink and a conversation. I was trying to be sincere but it was not reciprocated.

Ok, wasn't referring to what had already been said, and to be fair, he only declined the political debate. I'm just saying let's not have this get out of hand and decline into mudslinging like past political debates, that's all.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
AKinMN  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:41:32 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
NBrevitz wrote:
TheDancingMan wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:
And... GoLaugh

Ok, wasn't referring to what had already been said, and to be fair, he only declined the political debate. I'm just saying let's not have this get out of hand and decline into mudslinging like past political debates, that's all.

Does it really even matter? The thread will get deleted anyway.
NBrevitz  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:57:30 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

AKinMN wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:
TheDancingMan wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:
And... GoLaugh

As of right now it's fine, it's been up more than a day.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
EddieRivard  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:33:50 PM(UTC)
EddieRivard

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
AKinMN wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:
TheDancingMan wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:
And... GoLaugh

I only delete it once a certain line gets crossed and their is obviously no going back. This hadn't gotten to that point yet. ThumpUp You wouldn't believe the power rush I get when I delete a thread.
stan b  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:05:34 PM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I don't care if it's gas, coal, nuclear or wind turbine power, i dont want any distribution lines through the Driftless.

BTW-There are existing laws about where these distribution lines can be, the new route is requesting a waiver for a more direct line.
The is an engineering reason for that route in regard to wind turbine generated power handling.

But my needs (And yours) are more important.

JMO

Stan b

Edited by user Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
Gurth  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:52:10 PM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
stan b wrote:
I don't care if it's gas, coal, nuclear or wind turbine power, i dont want any distribution lines through the Driftless.

BTW-There are existing laws about where these distribution lines can be, the new route is requesting a waiver for a more direct line.
The is an engineering reason for that route in regard to wind turbine generated power handling.

But my needs (And yours) are more important.

JMO

Stan b

Existing laws can be changed - especially by a motivated legislature and governor.

This group wrote and passed a law for a single mining company.

Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
NE IA Drifter  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 6:16:28 PM(UTC)
NE IA Drifter

What if the benefit of connecting the Midwest wind power with east coast demand ends up being greater than the environmental cost of more coal/gas power? Just playing devils advocate a bit but a lot of development projects use this thinking to justify the environmental consequence of their development or they'll pay to restore or protect another wetland or key environmental feature in another area or state so they can destroy another... Huh
Guillermo  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:41:48 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm against any further marring of our wilderness. Preserving the undescribable beauty of the Driftless outweighs any benefits this project may provide. It's high time we started making some sacrifices in our standard of living to protect what we have left. Otherwise, where does it end? There will always be another project around the corner.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:45:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NBrevitz  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:19:26 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Guillermo wrote:
I'm against any further marring of our wilderness. Preserving the undescribable beauty of the Driftless outweighs any benefits this project may provide. It's high time we started making some sacrifices in our standard of living to protect what we have left. Otherwise, where does it end? There will always be another project around the corner.

I agree, but good luck convincing 70 % of the country that. Also, I love the Driftless but it's nothing close to wilderness. The only stuff in WI I'd consider even borderline wilderness is north of Hwy 8, at least until you get east of Rhinelander.