Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guillermo  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 4:04:01 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
s.t.fanatic wrote:
Guillermo wrote:
s.t.fanatic wrote:
I prefer to knock on doors and easily gain access to private water.

Well I prefer to get in the stream legally and walk right on through private property. At least I'm still able to do that here. You know if they could they'd shred our public trust doctrine.

And should the State governments not be in real estate business either? Should every square inch be privately held? Or is it only the Feds you have a problem with? Newsflash: State governments are no less corrupt, as evidenced by Wisconsin.

Weather or not you're legally able to access private property to fish isn't the topic at hand. It is however a dick move and childish at that when you could just knock on the landowners door build a relationship and gain access for years to come. It's a moral not a legal issue.

No, the state shouldn't be in the real estate business either.

I'm not trying to say there shouldn't be any publicly held property. There is however more than enough IMO (In case anyone thinks i'm citing facts) than what there should be.

Where did you get the impression I was talking only about federal lands?

Let me get this straight. You're telling me that exercising my right protected by our Public Trust Doctrine is childish and a dick move? There ain't a damn thing any ornery land owner can do about it. They don't own the damn water. We do. The fact that you think it's immoral to LEGALLY wade in PUBLIC water speaks volumes about your flawed world view. Think I'll go wade through my favorite northern stream tomorrow that runs through the property of a private club of rich fat cats that's been trying, without success, to illegally keep people out of OUR stream. Long Live Public Water.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/...ys/about_us/doctrine.htm

Bitch all you want about all this public land "propaganda", but the American public is never going to let a congress that doesn't give a shit about them sell off their land. What happened to Chaffetz is a preview of what's to come.

Edited by user Friday, July 7, 2017 4:08:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Guillermo  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 4:19:20 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
fanatic, Maybe you also missed where Scott Walker tried to force the DNR to sell off spring ponds containing genetically pure brook trout in Langlade County a couple years ago? These are the lifeblood of northern trout streams, providing refuge to trout during warm summers and valuable spawning gravel in the fall. That was thwarted by massive public opposition as well. And why did he try this? To save money. When they're desperate, sacred and pristine lands are at risk of being lost forever. Here you had people who had never visited these places themselves trying to sell them and block off access to the public forever. All in the name of the almighty dollar.
TheDancingMan  
#23 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 9:21:05 PM(UTC)
TheDancingMan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It's official, fanatic is definitely the biggest moron on this forum. No use talking to him about anything. I tried to be civil but his ego is frailer than the left he criticizes. I guess it's really that possible to be that dumb.
shebs  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:15:19 AM(UTC)
shebs

TheDancingMan wrote:
It's official, fanatic is definitely the biggest moron on this forum. No use talking to him about anything. I tried to be civil but his ego is frailer than the left he criticizes. I guess it's really that possible to be that dumb.

Lol this guy can't pick the seasonal cycle out of a keeling curve, I stopped engaging with him long ago because he straight up doesn't know what he's talking about. it's all just get off my lawn and stop improving spawning habitat on my streams I would rather have marginal streams with big fish than a sustainable aquatic ecosystem.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
stan b  
#25 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:33:22 AM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
TheDancingMan wrote:

So, you call him names?
Classy..........
The way you roll.

You are not likely to change someone's opinion about politics posting on a forum, especially posts laden with insults.
But you can certainly change their opinion about you!

You guys probably have more in common than you think!

Nothing wrong with exercising your legal right to access, and it's even nicer to talk to and thank the property owner.
Just give them a heads up your there and that you respect their property rights.

But you would rather win the argument than the friendship.
Too bad.

BTW~the video is pretty cool, at least the scenery!

Edited by user Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:49:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
NBrevitz  
#26 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 9:16:20 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Why is everyone so god damn upset with each other!? I mean I remember when the left and right could get along...
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
weiliwen  
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 9:31:08 AM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
NBrevitz wrote:
Why is everyone so god damn upset with each other!? I mean I remember when the left and right could get along...

The ending of that era occurred with the election of Ronald Reagan. It's been getting worse every election cycle since then.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
NBrevitz  
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 9:41:04 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

weiliwen wrote:
NBrevitz wrote:

The ending of that era occurred with the election of Ronald Reagan. It's been getting worse every election cycle since then.

Yeah, I mean I don't even remember it being nearly this bad just ten years ago.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Gurth  
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 9:43:20 AM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'm not upset with anyone.

Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
NBrevitz  
#30 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:28:25 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Guillermo wrote:
Think I'll go wade through my favorite northern stream tomorrow that runs through the property of a private club of rich fat cats that's been trying, without success, to illegally keep people out of OUR stream.

You're talking about the Huron Mountain Club in the UP? Whatever stream it is, walking through hostile territory is my shit, let's do it sometime this summer. I'll wet wade for miles for big BrookiesThumpUp