Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
draik11  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:30:33 AM(UTC)
draik11

Hello fellow DTA'ers:

August 4th - 6th marks the IMSA WeatherTech Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America. If any other DTA'ers are sports car racing fans and plan on attending the event, shoot me a PM. I'll be camping trackside all weekend. Let's meet up, drink a beer (on me if you like Moon Man, Miller Lite or Pabst) and talk fly fishing and sports car racing.
WI-fly  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 6:41:05 AM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

I won't be at the race, but I commend you for the mention of Moon Man. One of my favorite beers ever.
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
draik11  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:34:22 AM(UTC)
draik11

It's one of my favorite beers as well. I can't tell you how happy I was when they came out with the 12 pack cans of Moon Man. If you feel like a change, I highly recommend Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. It's kind of pricey but well worth it.
shebs  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:44:36 AM(UTC)
shebs

draik11 wrote:
If you feel like a change, I highly recommend Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. It's kind of pricey but well worth it.

That is a good one too. A friend of mine from college is one of their chemists in Bend, and she often sends me one-offs and experimental brews Drool

If you haven't gotten your hands on one of the ballast point sculpins (especially the grapefruit one), I can't recommend that one highly enough.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
draik11  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:03:51 PM(UTC)
draik11

shebs wrote:
draik11 wrote:
If you feel like a change, I highly recommend Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. It's kind of pricey but well worth it.

That is a good one too.
A friend of mine from college is one of their chemists in Bend, and she often sends me one-offs and experimental brews Drool

If you haven't gotten your hands on one of the ballast point sculpins (especially the grapefruit one), I can't recommend that one highly enough.

Damn shebs, that's awesome. I bet you get your hands on some nice brew. I'm familiar with the sculpin and it's great! I'll keep my eye out for the grapefruit version. If it's anything like New Belgium's Citradelic I'll think it's great. IPAs of any type is my favorite type of beer.
stan b  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:16:11 PM(UTC)
stan b

Man

draik11 wrote:
Hello fellow DTA'ers:

August 4th - 6th marks the IMSA WeatherTech Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America. If any other DTA'ers are sports car racing fans and plan on attending the event, shoot me a PM. I'll be camping trackside all weekend. Let's meet up, drink a beer (on me if you like Moon Man, Miller Lite or Pabst) and talk fly fishing and sports car racing.

Awesome place!
I usually go for the motorcycle stuff!

Amazing area in general, enjoy!
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
shebs  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:11:07 PM(UTC)
shebs

draik11 wrote:

Damn shebs, that's awesome. I bet you get your hands on some nice brew. I'm familiar with the sculpin and it's great! I'll keep my eye out for the grapefruit version. If it's anything like New Belgium's Citradelic I'll think it's great. IPAs of any type is my favorite type of beer.

It's waayyyyy better actually. Pricey (think $15 /6pk) but worth it. Very refreshing after a hot day on the water Drool
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
draik11  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:27:11 AM(UTC)
draik11

stan b wrote:
draik11 wrote:
Hello fellow DTA'ers:

Awesome place!
I usually go for the motorcycle stuff!

Amazing area in general, enjoy!

ThumpUp
draik11  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:28:17 AM(UTC)
draik11

shebs wrote:
draik11 wrote:

It's waayyyyy better actually. Pricey (think $15 /6pk) but worth it. Very refreshing after a hot day on the water Drool

I'm going to give this beer a try! Sounds perfect for a creek-side libation!