Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Bad News Options
Guillermo
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:30:26 AM

http://www.jsonline.com/...en-authority/490231001/

I'll officially be embarrassed to be a Wisconsin citizen if this goes through. The most telling, and frankly bone-chilling line in the article was "None of the DNR top brass was there to defend the wardens on Wednesday". These people are disgusting. What do you do when the people running an agency despise it with all their being?
NBrevitz
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:53:38 AM

Yeah, great idea, let's have unregulated, unenforced hunting across 36,000,000 acres, brilliant!
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
Guillermo
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 7:16:09 AM

NBrevitz wrote:
Yeah, great idea, let's have unregulated, unenforced hunting across 36,000,000 acres, brilliant!

It's a good idea because Rep. Jarchow was told it'd be a good idea while he was out drinking at a bar with his constituents. All good legislation is drafted at the tavern, don't you know?
Gurth
#4 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:49:58 AM

This just in!

The GOP is the enemy of conservation.

They'll always continue to chip away. Like the little gnawing rats that they are.

Hopefully this doesn't even get out of committee and if it does, seems like it could be challenged in court.

Love how this could be the straw that breaks the hunting clubs' backs though. RollEyes
Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
Gurth
#5 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 12:06:44 PM

Love how the only two members of the public to testify in favor had received violations. Laugh

You can't make this shit up.
TheDancingMan
#6 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 7:15:50 PM

But yet people still vote for Walker in Wisconsin. Mind boggling how people vote for someone who fucks them over big time.
“What's his offense?
Groping for trout in a peculiar river.”

Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
William Schlafer
#7 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 9:45:07 PM

And here's another example of DNR Wardens overstepping their authority by getting up in the middle of the night to rescue people trapped by flooding.

I can certainly see why politicians would want to get rid of them. RollEyes

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
wibirdhunter
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:24:50 PM

How about we talk about the game wardens out there posting selfies,while disturbing a hunt just because they could. No reason to assume a guy in a tree stand is breaking the law and private or public there's no reason for a game warden to just approach somebody in the field without a real suspicion of a law being broke.

And no I'm not a game warden hater I've never got a ticket from 1 and I think the vast majority are professional and I appreciate them being out in the field.
weiliwen
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:53:33 PM

I've only had one interaction with a Wisconsin game warden, who checked my license. He looked at it for about 5 seconds, handed it back to me, and started talking about the weather. We chatted for about 15 minutes, really nice guy.

But of course, the problem is not, largely, with the individuals, but with the top ranks within DNR and the folks who hired them, in the "gub'mint." At the risk of waxing political, which I know the Mods wouldn't want, you Wisconsinites need to think about how to replace the folks who put the DNR in such a sorry state of affairs.
Gurth
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:21:44 PM

^ Both valid posts and both have nothing to do with opposition to the legislation being proposed.

If there are heavy handed wardens out there who get their kicks from some sort of a power trip, I am opposed and they should be disciplined and/or fired.

Internal issues within the DNR needing to be fixed don't exclude every other issue that might come up.

This proposed law is simply an effort to curb oversight on private lands.

I'm not a hunter but if I was, I have buddies who all hunt on their own private lands and I would be welcome to join.

Still very opposed to this.

As another said... this would be a poacher's dream.