Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guillermo  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:33:46 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Bottom line is this...A lot of folks in my neck of the woods have an outright contempt for the DNR and openly flaunt breaking bag limits. Cases have come up in the past where guys have gotten busted for taking over 100 brook trout from tiny streams and ponds or loading their freezers up with hundreds of smallies and pike. You think those bodies of water can support that kind of thing? No chance in hell. Poaching is rampant up here, as I'm sure it is elsewhere in the state. This bill is a handout to poachers. I heard some yahoos claiming the DNR has too much power and they're violating our 4th ammendment rights. Bull. We've seen what happens when we have non-existent enforcement of fish and wildlife laws or just a lack of laws in general. I think we can all agree we don't need to ever go back there again. Only by the grace of God and the great conservation movement, which began largely in Wisconsin ironically enough, do we still have solid trout fishing and hunting opportunities.

Edited by user Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:37:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DanE  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:55:58 AM(UTC)
DanE

TheDancingMan wrote:
But yet people still vote for Walker in Wisconsin. Mind boggling how people vote for someone who fucks them over big time.

He was elected in and then had a recall election, but most of the "bad" that he has done came after both. Had people known then what they know now, it may have been a different story. He ran a good campaign initially and was elected based on many promises made. Similar to Trump getting elected, it was a lesser of 2 evils type of vote for many in WI. I doubt he will get re-elected if the democrats field a decent candidate.
HookJaw  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:21:26 PM(UTC)
HookJaw

Man

Well, at least one pawn in Walker's game is outta here. Gee, thanks for your great service to our state, Cath

http://www.outdoornews.c...ve-wisconsin-dnr-behind/

...cruisin the 'Poo in my Gum Tree Canoe
Guillermo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:49:44 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

HookJaw wrote:

Well, at least one pawn in Walker's game is outta here. Gee, thanks for your great service to our state, Cath

http://www.outdoornews.c...ve-wisconsin-dnr-behind/

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Cathy. Good Riddance! You would never have been appointed if the Natural Resources Board, instead of the Governor were the one picking the DNR secretaries. There's overwhelming support to go back to doing it that way, as evidenced by the vote last year during the conservation meetings. Hopefully this is just the first domino to collapse.

Do us a favor, Cathy, take an early retirement to the Ozarks and let us get back to our conservation heritage that made Wisconsin great to begin with.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:51:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

William Schlafer  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:24:18 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I highly doubt Walker will hire a competent WDNR secretary.

His contempt for conservation and the values the WDNR used to stand for has never been more evident. The big buck donors tell Walker and the legislature what they want, and he expects the WDNR to rubber stamp it. Expect another puppet to run the agency.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
stan b  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:20:46 PM(UTC)
stan b

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
William Schlafer wrote:

His contempt for conservation and the values the WDNR used to stand for has never been more evident. The big buck donors tell Walker and the legislature what they want, and he expects the WDNR to rubber stamp it. Expect another puppet to run the agency.

-Bill

Could you identify these "BIG BUCK" donors?
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
Guillermo  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:56:41 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

stan b wrote:
William Schlafer wrote:

-Bill

What he's saying is that big money from outside the state is affecting the decisions that are being made on behalf of the residents of the state. Scotty has effectively eliminated public input as to what happens with our natural resources.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:48:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gurth  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:23:40 PM(UTC)
Gurth

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
stan b wrote:
William Schlafer wrote:

-Bill

For one example...

Google Cline group, club for growth and Wisconsin mine

And certainly you must have heard of the Koch brothers...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:28:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Your mother had a tongue like a trout!
William Schlafer  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:55:09 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
stan b wrote:

Koch brothers, and now Foxconn. Money talks and BS walks in Madison.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Guillermo  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:37:34 PM(UTC)
Guillermo

William Schlafer wrote:
stan b wrote:

Koch brothers, and now Foxconn. Money talks and BS walks in Madison.

-Bill

Hate to say it but this latest news will probably be enough to get him reelected next year. Just waiting for Mr. Anti-Natural Resources Adam Jarchow to be appointed DNR secretary. Or Tom Tiffany. Cursing

Edited by user Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:38:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified