Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CMarshall  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 5:36:11 PM(UTC)
CMarshall

Man

Curious to hear if any of you have experience with Rio's InTouch series. I've been using MPX on my 5wt rod and like it but am considering trying out the InTouch Gold line next year. Anyone use it and like it? Does the non-stretch core seem to help with hook sets? I am happy with how the MPX casts larger nymph rigs so am not sure I want to give that up. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Chuck
mbchilton  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 7:33:19 PM(UTC)
mbchilton

Man

I can’t comment on in touch, but if you like mpx, try it in wavelength (textured).
CMarshall  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 9:26:10 PM(UTC)
CMarshall

Man

I have SA's sharkwave GPX on one of my 4wts. It does seem to have less stretch in it (though that could just be in my head). It's a great line but I'm not crazy about the noise. I'd rather have a non-textured line on the 5wt.
mbchilton  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 9:49:09 PM(UTC)
mbchilton

Man

Wavelength is much quieter. Also, if you’re nymphing it will floater better and higher, giving you more control to mend.
MN Driftless  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:53:44 PM(UTC)
MN Driftless

Man
United States

Having used both, I'd go with the Wavelength, especially if casting distance with ease is your goal. SA has come a long way in the past five years in the fly line market (and is making strides in the leader ant tippet area).
CMarshall  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 2:31:34 AM(UTC)
CMarshall

Man

Only reason I'd change from the MPX is if the non-stretch core on the InTouch Rio line makes a difference for setting the hook on a nymph rig. I am fine with how the MPX casts and I'm familiar with SA's textured lines. As I mentioned I use the Sharkwave GPX on one of my 4wts. (Not convinced the wavelength will be any quieter.) But my main reason for changing wouldn't be to improve my cast, but to improve my strike response/hook set. Most of my casts are short anyhow. Maybe I'm over analyzing it. And maybe I just need faster reflexes. =)