Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guillermo  
#41 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 3:08:26 AM(UTC)
Guillermo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: weiliwen Go to Quoted Post
You are 100% correct. I said that.

I did not say that self defense weapons should not be allowed. In fact, I have said the opposite in earlier posts. I just said it's not a legitimate reason why you need firearms. It's a red herring. The GOP and far right, of which your statements suggest you are a member, use this emotional but totally false reason to appeal to folks' fear, when, in FACT there is no such threat. The far right peddle in fear mongering, and either you are a proponent of this, or a victim of it. Not me.

You want firearms, fine. Find a legitimate reason why; there are plenty. This is not one of them.

I am no member of the "far right" as you like to call it, nor do I fit in squarely with the GOP. I have supported both parties at different times and I hold nearly as many liberal positions as I do conservative positions. My intent was not to get in a long-winded argument with you, my only aim is to explain to you that your opinion that self-defense as a reason for firearm ownership is unjustified is one of a few primary reasons Mr. Trump was elected. I'm trying to help Democrats move closer to the center and be more successful in future elections. They clearly have no intent of doing so.

Self-defense is as clear a reason as any to own a firearm. In the moment, I simply wouldn't care about statistics or odds. They're thrown out the window in that situation. I stated earlier about frequent break-ins near my home. See, the thing is, you might feel completely safe and believe firearms are unwarranted for self-defense where you live. But, as I have said multiple times, not everyone lives in the same place. Some people live in high-crime areas, some live far enough away where the Cops would not be able to show up quick enough to be effective. One size does not fit all. You do not get to tell me or anyone else what is a justifiable reason to own a gun.

I have many reasons for owning firearms, self-defense happens to be the primary one. If you don't like it, too bad. Get over it. Otherwise keep speculating endlessly as to why historically democratic voters went with Trump, as Brevitz alluded to earlier in the thread.

Edited by user Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:11:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SenatorGrimmshaw  
#42 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 3:30:24 PM(UTC)
SenatorGrimmshaw

Don't let this firearm ownership rights talk distract you from the fact that in 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.

Edited by user Monday, November 20, 2017 4:03:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified