Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 5:55:21 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 87 post(s)
A couple months back I found my Herters Three Forks Hip Waders on sale at Cabelas for only $29 a pair. I love a great deal, so I bought two pair.

UserPostedImage

Now I see they've lowered to price to $19 - although with limited sizes available.

At these prices, you can't go wrong for a decent pair of rugged hip waders. I usually go through a pair of these every couple seasons, so now I'm set for the foreseeable future.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Sponsor
weiliwen  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 8:31:27 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Super cool, I just ordered a pair of insulated lug soles, as the stocking feet version was only available in size M and I need a L at least.

I have some shoemaking skills, and so bought a size above my usual. I have a very stiff TPM sockliner that will address the fact that the soles are apparently not too stiff. People complained about feeling rocks through them.

I used to use chest waders, and they're really necessary back West, but since coming here, I have only needed pants waders, and often not even them. I tend to run hot, and would parboil in the chest waders. These will be perfect. I'll carry around a tube of Shoe Goo in case of leaks. In fact, I'll probably hit the seams with it before I even use them. I love Shoe Goo.

Edited by user Saturday, November 18, 2017 8:45:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added detail

Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
trapper  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 11:10:27 PM(UTC)
trapper

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Thanks to Bill, I got the last pair in wis
Get Reel
weiliwen  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 11:37:27 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
So yesterday I took my daughter to Joanne Fabric, to buy her some art supplies. Perusing the aisles, as I do, I saw a 4-pack of Shoe Goo that had one tube missing, and the price had therefore been dropped from 5 bucks to a single dollar. I snapped it up. I've read about some issues at the seams of these hip waders, so I'm going to use the Shoe Goo on likely spots before I start using them.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
William Schlafer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:30:13 AM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Originally Posted by: trapper Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to Bill, I got the last pair in wis

Nice Trapper!

I think the deep discounts on these hip waders mean that Cabelas (AKA: Bass Pro Shops) will be phasing these out. Even at $60 they were a decent deal in my book. They wear like iron and do a great job of protecting your legs from brush and weeds. They can be a little warm on hot days, but I just roll them down until needed to cross streams. They're cheap enough that I can keep a backup pair (along with spare boots) in the trunk. Always nice to switch over to dry waders on a multi-day trip.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
William Schlafer  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 8:38:52 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Just an FYI;

Cabelas no longer carries the Herters brand of stocking foot hip waders. They do have their own similar version Cabelas Three Forks Stockingfoot Hip Waders for $70.

-Bill
Greylin  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 4:42:26 AM(UTC)
Greylin

Back in November I picked up a pair of the chest and a pair of the hip waders for under $19 a pair thanks to their year round 5% Veterans discount.
I live in a van down by the river.