Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tenkara_guy  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 3:35:19 AM(UTC)
tenkara_guy

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
madguy30, you are right about that. Tenkara is perfect for the winter trout season on our small Driftless streams. No reel to deal with, no guides to freeze up...
"I will explain to him as an acceptable realpolitik: if the trout are lost, smash the state." -- Thomas McGuane
HuggyBear  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:46:21 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OTC_MN Go to Quoted Post
Orvis Clearwaters and Battenkills are both great reels. I have a couple Clearwaters that have been great.

I've gotten to be a Lamson-Waterworks fanboy lately though. Got a Remix to go with the 4w Scott G2 I got on clearance last summer and love it. Ended up replacing the reel I had on my Euro nymphing rod with another Remix, and got a Liquid to put on another rod besides. When I got the second Remix, I bought the 3-pack, which comes with two spare spools, and the spools work with both the Liquid and Remix. So I can kind of mix and match with other lines if I choose to. Been great reels so far.

I've got a Lamson (can't remember the model at the moment) with a spare reel for my 3wt. and I also love it. I thought about getting another for the Winston, but I would like to change it up. Honestly I've been eyeing this but after Simms telling me that my waders wouldn't last another season, I had to pony up for a new pair. Thankfully Simms took mercy on my damned soul and gave me 40% off a new pair of G3's. ThumpUp