Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WI-fly  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:32:56 PM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The new one just arrived yesterday. Looks just like that photo, with the gap. Thanks for the info.
=============
Curt Rees
Coulee Region Trout Unlimited
Catch fish, have a good time, protect the resource.
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
snbrd4evr  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 2:04:40 AM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: paul worsterberg of the deplacements Go to Quoted Post
@snbrd4evr

YES! the pic you attached is exactly what my rod looked like. i thought it was a defect. silly ignorant me. ignorant cabela's too. they told me there was a "defect" and all rods were like this...looks like i might try again...

Haha! I thought the same thing when I got my CGR. I had to do some research and eventually I found the page I linked to.

But no worries! They're still on sale and at least now you'll know you have a product as designed ThumpUp

Enjoy the rod!
tendimes98  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 3:30:24 AM(UTC)
tendimes98

Man

I own a 2 wt CGR, got it when it was on sale last year. Bought a cheap echo 2 wt line to pair it with, but ended up using a spare 3 wt line I have. The 3 wt line works great with the rod, and it is able to turn over some of those bigger nymphs and small streamers easier.

GREAT rod for small stream brookies and browns. Tons of fun to use. Caught a couple 14-16" browns on it one outing, man they put up a fight!

Looking into getting a 4 wt to expand my glass collection. Highly recommend the rod. Cheap, works well, and puts a smile on your face!
WI-fly  
#14 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 12:05:29 AM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

I got my rod this week and put it to use yesterday. I have the 6'6" 4wt and really like how it casts. It is a slow action, but really easy to double haul to get a bit more distance. I'm not sure if the double haul ease is due to the action of the rod or the length, but it casts well. It was a windy drizzly day, so I went with a fix or MKE leech for most of the day. It handled those bigger flies well. I know it will put down little flies softly when those conditions occur.

Thanks for the tip on the sale. Glad I got one. I think I'll get a 7/8 next for bass and pike.
=============
Curt Rees
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram
HuggyBear  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:34:17 PM(UTC)
HuggyBear

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WI-fly Go to Quoted Post
I got my rod this week and put it to use yesterday. I have the 6'6" 4wt and really like how it casts. It is a slow action, but really easy to double haul to get a bit more distance. I'm not sure if the double haul ease is due to the action of the rod or the length, but it casts well. It was a windy drizzly day, so I went with a fix or MKE leech for most of the day. It handled those bigger flies well. I know it will put down little flies softly when those conditions occur.

Thanks for the tip on the sale. Glad I got one. I think I'll get a 7/8 next for bass and pike.

I also got the 4wt when these were on sale over the Xmas season. I haven't had a chance to cast it yet, which I'm hoping to do next week.

Which line are you using on it? I'm curious, as I only have one reel loaded with a 4wt line right now, and its the Airflo Bandit, which has a longer head and a tad heavier.

With that being said - Has anyone used this Heritage Ultra Presentation from Scientific Anglers?
WI-fly  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 3:25:14 AM(UTC)
WI-fly

Man

Being kind of cheap, I'm just using a generic floating tapered 5wt line and it casts well. I'm a big fan of overlining on a reel, especially with a loose rod like a glass one.
=============
Curt Rees
CRTU Facebook
CRTU Instagram