Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
William Schlafer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:30:47 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I briefly took a look at the bottom part of the Springfield Branch last weekend. The water looked great. I'm not sure about the wastewater dumping, if that's had an effect or not on the fishing. But judging by the number of cars parked there I'd say this stream is still very popular with fishermen.

Typically it's pretty hard to fish there during the summer and early fall due to high stream bank weeds. But from what I saw it looks like most of that has been knocked down or wiped out by high water from back in late July/early August. There might be some flood damage further up, as most of the streams in the area took a bit of a hit during the flood. It's been a couple years since I've last fished it, but it usually produces pretty well if you can deal with the jungle of weeds.

I'd say it's worth a look. Just be aware that with the season ending in 10 days that most of the area streams are going to be pretty busy, especially on the weekends. Better have some alternate streams ready.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
thanks 1 user thanked William Schlafer for this useful post.
RuffedGrouseTrout on 10/3/2018(UTC)
Sponsor