Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ogandrews  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 5:39:45 AM(UTC)
ogandrews

United States

I recently picked up a few 13 fishing omen black rods that were half off at fleet farm on Black Friday. I got a 6’10” medium light extra fast spinning that I will use for tubes, Ned rigs and drop shots, as well as a 7’1 mh and 7’3 h baitcaster I will use for flipping t rigs/jigs and throwing frogs. These rods are all usually $100. Since Black Friday I have been using the spinning rod for trout fishing and it has quickly become my favorite spinning rod I own. Prior to this I used st Croix triumphs which are in the same price point. The omen black is so incredibly light and sensitive for the price. I generally like longer rods but 6’10 seems like the perfect compromise between length and castability while wading. I have been using this rod to throw 2.5 inch power tubes with a 1/16th ounce tungsten jig head, as well as small husky jerks and x raps. The extra fast tip is perfect for emparting action on the jerk baits and makes detecting bites incredibly easy with the tubes. I use 10lbs power pro to 6-8lbs floro leader, and with a tube you can feel every pebble the lure goes over. After making 4 or 5 trips with this rod I seriously can’t say enough good things about it. If anyone has the opportunity to pick up one of these rods do it, if the baitcasters are anything like this one I will be getting more of them.
Sponsor
rschmidt  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 12:47:00 PM(UTC)
rschmidt

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Good to hear. I bought a 13 K series spinning reel a while ago. It didn't last three outings. Sucked on many levels. Happy Fishing! R

Edited by user Monday, December 17, 2018 12:47:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hoggies  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:56:11 PM(UTC)
Hoggies

Man
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
that 6'10" ML extra fast is supposed to be a killer Lindy rig rod as well.