Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skiumah  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 5:24:45 PM(UTC)
skiumah

I picked these up on the auction site and to my dissapointment they are going to be too small for my size 11.5 foot. Would probably fit a size 11 just right. Description said they had only been used twice and that appears to be true. Can't find a sign of use beyond tiny scuffs.

Asking $80 which is what I paid for them. 50% off retail for a great pair of boots! Meet in Minneapolis or I can ship at your expense.

Thanks!
Sponsor
shebs  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 5:41:16 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I'll happily take them off your hands. I have to double check, but I think that's the size I already have, and I love those boots.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
shebs  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:46:48 AM(UTC)
shebs

Shit, mine are 11s. Would have loved to pick up my next pair at a steep discount, but oversized boots quickly lead to leaky waders.
Very strange, as I wear a size 12 shoe and even with the booties those 11s are a perfect fit.
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
skiumah  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:06:08 AM(UTC)
skiumah

Originally Posted by: shebs Go to Quoted Post
Shit, mine are 11s. Would have loved to pick up my next pair at a steep discount, but oversized boots quickly lead to leaky waders.
Very strange, as I wear a size 12 shoe and even with the booties those 11s are a perfect fit.

No worries shebs. Strange indeed though as Simms recommends a size up. But everyone's foot is different I suppose.

shebs  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:40:56 AM(UTC)
shebs

If you don't find a buyer I'll still take em. Send me an email (PMs not working at the moment - click my username and there should be an email button - post a reply here so I know to check my secondary email account)
Worst case I'll wear em in the summer with my already leaky waders haha
They may be a better fit with the new waders I got for Xmas, they have a thicker bootie. For that price it's worth it to have a spare pair either way.
Mark Dahlquist  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:22:56 AM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Simms Freestone boots are the best I've ever owned. I went on a shopping spree with an Amazon gift card and sad not to find Simms on Amazon. So I got a pair of Reddington and already falling apart with just a half season of use. Plus they just don't fit as snug. I might try their customer service. See if they have something better.
-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Mark Dahlquist for this useful post.
William Schlafer on 5/14/2019(UTC)
William Schlafer  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:39:25 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Yup. I'm a Simms Freestone man for life. Got two pair that I rotate throughout the season. They're bullet proof and fit better than any other boot I've tried. Clean em thoroughly after every outing and they'll last a long time.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
Mark Dahlquist  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 10:45:18 PM(UTC)
Mark Dahlquist

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Rinse after every trip. They are the most well designed boots that I've owned. I don't like my Redington boots much. They work but they are not a tight fit around the ankle. And they are fraying on the front sides already only 1/2 season (25 trips) or so into them.
-Mark
Board Owner
UserPostedImage
big_river_bum  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 5:58:34 AM(UTC)
big_river_bum

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
am i the only one that doesn't like wading boots?

i don't know if it's my mongoloid feet or what, but i'd rather wet wade or wear bootfoot waders/hipp boots

maybe my tune will change in a few decades

i once returned a pair of cabela wading boots after like 2 months. the worker saw the receipt and laughed at me. wouldn't believe i could've worn through a pair so fast. they took them back, but still

i have even less faith in them now that they're that southern outdoor big chain store