Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NBrevitz  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:00:09 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I am absolutely happy about the two big Browns. And I’m fine with them occupying a 3-4 mile corridor on the lower end, with a few scattered above that, as it is now. They’re a nice occasional surprise. I just get antsy when they stock what’s proven to be an exceptionally hardy strain over the top of those big Brookies. I saw a fish I honestly think may have cracked 20 there last summer. Honestly... I know it was huge, because I caught a Brookie I measured at 17.5 just after the pig followed me. The pig was appreciably longer and thicker. I caught a 19 inch Coaster in the fall of 2016, and this fish was all of the Coaster, size wise. Yes, the stream is full of food. Mayflies galore, Sculpins, Chubs, Caddis... It’s got a lot of food and while it’s far from a marginal fishery, numbers wise, it’s not a numbers factory either. Lots of excess forage, especially in the lower end that they utilize in the spring. It’s a cool spot. Come up north and if nothing else, I’ll point you in the right direction.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."