Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Life of Riley  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:32:40 AM(UTC)
Life of Riley

Korea, D.P.R.O.

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I've got a small creek I fish and although I can go public to public on it, I'm wondering about doing as follows, when fishing alone. Parking the rig at a bridge, walking downstream for a few miles, then getting to a spot, waiting 10 minutes or so and then fishing back upstream to the bridge? I'm not sure if this would ruin the fishing or not. Only reason I'm asking is because when I start from the downstream it is a very large time commitment.
Sponsor
shebs  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:14:44 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I would say you're better off getting a garage sale bike and leaving it at the out bridge and fishing your way up...
You might still catch some fish that way, but my guess is you'll have far less success after walking thru it
Either that or do some doorknocking and try to cross some land mid way down to get to the water. I have to think that wading down and fishing back up would be the worst possible option

Edited by user Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:16:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
billybigbilly  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:09:51 AM(UTC)
billybigbilly

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I've ponder this idea as well, there is a small brookie stream surround by woods that are all private, there is a road access but a hundred yards up stream it's to shallow and 1.5 instream miles it ends up in a lake with no public access unless one kayaks up from a river, into the lake, anchors and ect ect. The best bet I feel would just to get landowners permission or find a log downstream and wait an hour.
Oooorr move so fast and gracefully the trout just think your a deer haha ThumpUp
billybigbilly  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:34:54 AM(UTC)
billybigbilly

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
This is the image of the stream I was talking about, the obvious landowner to ask is the cul-de-sac owners, but from the road to them it's around 2 miles.
So yeah base your choice of asking permission, or legging it downstream, I like shebs bike idea and I can see that working in my situation.
UserPostedImage
Life of Riley  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:08:57 PM(UTC)
Life of Riley

Korea, D.P.R.O.

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shebs Go to Quoted Post
I have to think that wading down and fishing back up would be the worst possible option

Thanks for the reply, and I have to agree with you, but I'll say this, maybe the worst possible option is staying home not fishing! I'm working on getting a hold of one of the two property owners on this stretch. I also have a different spot I want to try with a scenario like Billy's, a stream running into a lake. One nice thing about trout fishing, always a lot of options in this part of the world :)

shebs  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:15:41 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Life of Riley Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the reply, and I have to agree with you, but I'll say this, maybe the worst possible option is staying home not fishing!

100% correct
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"