Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KruddyTFB  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 3:05:03 PM(UTC)
KruddyTFB

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just wanted to share yesterdays trip. I haven't been out in a long time because my knee has been giving me trouble. I finally was able to find a weekend that worked for both my cousin and I to fish together. He said he wanted to spend as much time as possible in the water and to have a walk with really good scenery, just in case the fishing turns out to be slower. I chose a long section of water I had fished once before, with another fishing buddy, about a year ago. We took our time and spent nearly 9 hours from entry to exit. The first 3 hours were really slow fishing and I was thinking that I had chosen the wrong creek for that day. Then he caught his first ever stream trout. Just a 9 inch brookie, but a male starting to show some bright colors. The next cast got him an 11 inch brown. Smiling from ear to ear and pausing to look around at the cliffs ahead of us at the next bend, I could tell that this would not be his last time in the driftless. All in all, we ended up with 26 fish to hand. Biggest one landed was a 16 inch, stocked, male brookie that swallowed my spinner (he ended up on the stringer). By our total count, we missed 8 big browns, 18+ inch fish that all just spit the hook.

I hope to be more active on here in the near future, now that my knee is feeling better.

Thanks for reading, good luck out there!
thanks 2 users thanked KruddyTFB for this useful post.
William Schlafer on 8/11/2019(UTC), Z4c64 on 8/11/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
William Schlafer  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 3:43:20 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Way to stick with it! Sometimes it takes some extra effort to have a successful day.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos