Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AKinMN  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 4:46:38 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NBrevitz Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I’ll kept catching big Brook Trout on wading trips, and you can catch invasives out of drift boats. To each their own I guess...

Rainbow, cutthroats, bull trout, steelhead, and 5 species of salmon. All native and if you now where to go, still native. Raft, driftboat, jet boat, wading, whatever it takes to get to them. To each their own.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 1, 2019 4:47:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NBrevitz  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 5:05:02 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 56 post(s)
And Browns, Brookies, and Rainbows out of their native zones... If you wanna talk Alaska or BC that’s very different and I’d never give a guy hell for fishing Alaska.

I just find it funny that so much of the fishing in Colorado, Montana, Idaho, etc, is focused on Browns and what are generally non-native Rainbows. I’d kill to fish for Greenbacks way up high, Bulls on the remote systems, etc. That’s all very badass and awesome,

But seriously, explore more of MN. Some native 20 inch Brookies are showing up again.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
KruddyTFB  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:08:32 PM(UTC)
KruddyTFB

Man
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Beautiful fish. I spent all day Saturday on a stream in Wisconsin and caught a lot of brook trout, but nothing nearly that colorful.

Thanks for sharing!
thanks 1 user thanked KruddyTFB for this useful post.
billybigbilly on 10/2/2019(UTC)
shebs  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 11:10:20 PM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AKinMN Go to Quoted Post
There’s a world outside of the SE corner dude...🤦‍♂️

Not to me unless we're talking out West.

That's fine, but no need to accuse someone of poaching because you didn't read the whole post and/or know the applicable regs
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
billybigbilly  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:29:38 AM(UTC)
billybigbilly

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Nearly had a heart attack, I was pretty certain statewide except driftless was open until the 30th, and it is so that's good haha.
And I know the concern with harvesting, the only reason I didn't go to the other stream is because I've fished it this year. But the way I see it is in both portions I saw many trout, only hooked on one in the upper but spooked many more, even in the tribs, and where I did harvest the one and caught the others there were trout all over. So one male brook trout wont hurt the population. I am all for catch and release but I was on a mission for a friend to have a trout before they left country. They enjoyed it though so that is reward too.
NBrevitz  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 4:30:13 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

It’s been decent the last 2 years because we’ve had good conditions. I’m just careful on that one because it’ll get too warm some summers and die offs will occur below that dam where you concluded your day. If you kept one fish then the stream will be more than ok. I’m far from a C&R zealot.

Glad you did well.
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
billybigbilly  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:47:29 PM(UTC)
billybigbilly

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
It’s been decent the last 2 years because we’ve had good conditions. I’m just careful on that one because it’ll get too warm some summers and die offs will occur below that dam where you concluded your day. If you kept one fish then the stream will be more than ok. I’m far from a C&R zealot.

Glad you did well.

Thank you, and I would love to see the two ponds get removed, at least the top one as after the second one there is not as much habitat due to the gradient, maybe one day. I most likely wont fish that one for a year or to, I have my eye set on another small stream a little ways up the road that goes through a certain SNA, maybe next spring. Fishing these small streams no one really goes to always bring me joy, knowing that I'm most likely the only person to fish those stream in any given week and exploring these small gems is always a good time. Any brookie is a good brookie for me.
NBrevitz  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 7:56:02 PM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

The top Pond is the killer yeah. It’s so silted in on the edges and it really messes things up. Obviously nothing is jumping that existing fall, but I’d like that water to be cooler in the summer.

There are 4-5 streams along that corridor with Brookies. One is actually better than where you just fished. Treat them kindly, they’re possibly the last true natives left in this part of the state.
trapper  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 6:25:27 AM(UTC)
trapper

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 38 post(s)
The Minnesota Harvest season ended September 15th. Catch and Release 9/16-10/15. You were poaching if you kept fish 9/30 in MN. Don't think I'd be sharing that on the interwebs, but hey that's just me.

What a dick
Trolls looking for trouble
Anything positive- nope
Needs the boot
Get Reel
AKinMN  
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 12:12:11 AM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trapper Go to Quoted Post
The Minnesota Harvest season ended September 15th. Catch and Release 9/16-10/15. You were poaching if you kept fish 9/30 in MN. Don't think I'd be sharing that on the interwebs, but hey that's just me.

What a dick
Trolls looking for trouble
Anything positive- nope
Needs the boot

Settle down scooter.