Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snbrd4evr  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:15:20 PM(UTC)
snbrd4evr

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have a couple 2019 bests (and personal bests to boot).

UserPostedImage
Caught this girl on a massive streamer in Minnesota. The unfortunate thing for this fish was that the streamer was articulated and the trailing hook caught her gills. The river is a catch and release only for Brown Trout. So I had to let this fish go to be eaten by whatever found it. Hopefully it was a bunch of crayfish that were then eaten by some big trout and I'll find them next year Laugh

UserPostedImage
I just got back from Australia where I got flyfishing a couple times. This fish is called a Barrimundi. It's basically THE fish to catch down there and I guess it's quite a feat to get one on a fly rod. I was with a guide so it's sorta cheating, but he said to land one on a fly rod everything you do has to be "perfect". So I guess it's the fish I'm most proud of right now.
thanks 2 users thanked snbrd4evr for this useful post.
William Schlafer on 11/28/2019(UTC), Smis on 11/29/2019(UTC)
weiliwen  
#22 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 5:38:46 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States
Location: Madison, Wisconsin during the week and Lincolnshire, Illinois on weekends.

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 40 post(s)
As far as bests, I didn't do that great this year, but two areas stuck out in a positive fashion. First, I caught several fish on Opening Day, when I was fishing in a sweater!! Compare that to the past couple years when a lot of streams were completely iced up. Second, I made an effort to find new (to me) streams, and did well there.

My brother just bought a place a couple miles west of Soldier's Grove, and when I drove by on the last day of the season, I saw a bunch of streams down in that area that I've not fished, so that's on my early season agenda - especially since I have a home base now!

But I still didn't get to fish as often as I would have liked, and wasn't as successful as I should be. Also on next year's agenda.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"