Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AKinMN  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 12:01:13 AM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Colorado to MN Go to Quoted Post
As this is online, tone and connotations are harder to pick up. Semantics are difficult. As you didn't preface your stellar comedic abilities beforehand, you should invite some DTA members to your next stand-up gig at Acme comedy to show off your jokes. But in the meantime, if you have anything insightful about the topic, it would be much more appropriate to include those sorts of comments.

Chill brah. Like you said earlier, big bows in that piece of water, but they're quite educated and you've got to fish microscopic nymphs to them and you're surrounded by an outlet mall. I've fished it but it's not my cup of tea. It's just not what most think of when they think of western streams and trout angling. If I was going to be there over Christmas, I'd branch out a bit. Better options and scenery. And you don't have to look at the outlet mall.

Edited by user Sunday, December 8, 2019 12:41:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Colorado to MN  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:17:40 AM(UTC)
Colorado to MN

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AKinMN Go to Quoted Post
As this is online, tone and connotations are harder to pick up. Semantics are difficult. As you didn't preface your stellar comedic abilities beforehand, you should invite some DTA members to your next stand-up gig at Acme comedy to show off your jokes. But in the meantime, if you have anything insightful about the topic, it would be much more appropriate to include those sorts of comments.

Chill brah. Like you said earlier, big bows in that piece of water, but they're quite educated and you've got to fish microscopic nymphs to them and you're surrounded by an outlet mall. I've fished it but it's not my cup of tea. It's just not what most think of when they think of western streams and trout angling. If I was going to be there over Christmas, I'd branch out a bit. Better options and scenery. And you don't have to look at the outlet mall.

Thank you.
Sides  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:26:47 AM(UTC)
Sides

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sides Go to Quoted Post
Yes. Big fish in there. You'll be best off with tiny Midge patterns size 22 or smaller or mytis shrimp patterns.
it is a beautiful place to fish.

Yes. I especially love the outlet mall piece in Silverthorne. The glow of the Gap is breathtaking at sunrise.

So when a river is over 60 miles long, you aren’t smart enough to get away from an outlet mall.
Noctilio  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 2:51:26 AM(UTC)
Noctilio

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Being winter, fishing near the outlet mall i.e. closer to the base of the dam is a good idea. The water will be warmest there. I always recommend the fly fishers guide to colorado book to anyone going to Colorado. It’s a good reference for anyone. Good luck!
AKinMN  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 4:45:47 AM(UTC)
AKinMN

Yes. Big fish in there. You'll be best off with tiny Midge patterns size 22 or smaller or mytis shrimp patterns.

Yes. I especially love the outlet mall piece in Silverthorne. The glow of the Gap is breathtaking at sunrise.

So when a river is over 60 miles long, you aren’t smart enough to get away from an outlet mall.

My point was exactly that, expand out from town. Didn’t realize that sarcasm was so hard to detect. Maybe it’s not my intelligence you should question. Cubs fan right?

Edited by user Sunday, December 8, 2019 11:55:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sides  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 2:25:09 PM(UTC)
Sides

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

My point was exactly that, expand out from town. Didn’t realize that sarcasm was so hard to detect. Maybe it’s not my intelligence you should question. Cubs fan right?

You can’t detect sarcasm either. You must be a Yankee’s fan.
AKinMN  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

You can’t detect sarcasm either. You must be a Yankee’s fan.

Never. TC represent.

Colorado to MN  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 4:09:38 PM(UTC)
Colorado to MN

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
This conversation has taken a nose-dive. Intelligence must be questioned when comments are made in the first place. For a forum in which everyone shares the same interests - trout, clean water, access to public lands, etc the goal should be to share knowledge and be an ambassador for such a great pursuit. It always pays back, the more people who have success on the river leads to more people who care about the preservation of these wonderful resources. In the current fascist, kleptocratic, and kakistocratic political regime, these things are threatened unlike any other time. Our public lands are for sale, the ocean is acidifying and choking in plastic, and 500 year rain falls occur regularly. If we choose to be divisive, offer snark and cynicism instead stewardship, we've failed and are not worthy of such magnificent resources. I would think someone who's avatar explicitly addresses the environmental devastation dams pose to our fisheries would be cognizant of this.
AKinMN  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 5:04:06 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

This video does a solid job capturing what to expect.

You’ll have fun. Delicate presentation is a must.
aikman  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
aikman

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks, hoping to get a couple on the mysis I've been tying. I wish I was better at the small stuff. If anyone is headed over here to the spirit lake/okoboji area and needs some ice fishing info let me know. I've been doing better on Bead head PT flies for gills/crappie/yellowbass than the usual jig/wiggler. I hope we have a mild winter so I can get off the ice and over to the driftless a few more times. Jan Feb March sure can drag sometimes.