Driftless Trout Anglers

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vilas15  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 2:19:20 AM(UTC)
Vilas15

United States

Looking to get some waders at Cabelas (gift card). Need a tall size. 3 options are as follows:

Cabela's Men's Premium Breathable Stockingfoot Fishing Waders with 4MOST DRY-PLUS
Hodgman H3
Caddis Men's Breathable Stockingfoot Fishing Waders (Deluxe version available)

Any opinions?
Sponsor
NBrevitz  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 4:54:58 AM(UTC)
NBrevitz

Man

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Never had those, but I love my Cabelas spring run neoprene waders.

If it’s over 65 degrees and the water is at least 50, you should always wet wade😄
"I fish because I love to: Because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness."
shebs  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 2:18:53 AM(UTC)
shebs

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I can't speak to the tall part, but I got a pair of Patagonia waders as an xmas gift last year, and this was the first time I made it through a whole season with one pair of waders. Would definitely recommend checking to see if they have an option that will fit you.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown
Modern Translation, with respect for the Notorious B.I.G. : "Fuck Money, Get Fishes"
weiliwen  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 2:27:56 PM(UTC)
weiliwen

Man
United States
Location: Madison, Wisconsin during the week and Lincolnshire, Illinois on weekends.

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 44 post(s)
The need for tall waders has never been one I've experienced, as I'm shaped like the little teapot (short and stout), but I second the recommendation for Patagonia waders. I got a pair last spring from Mat and Geri at The Driftless Angler, and they are the best fitting waders I've ever worn. They haven't leaked yet, but I've only got one year into them so far.
Bob Williams, "Weiliwen"
Hoggies  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 6:04:18 PM(UTC)
Hoggies

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have the Cabela's Men's Premium Breathable Stockingfoot Fishing Waders with 4MOST DRY-PLUS in LT (I'm tall but not large... I wear 32x34 pants, but I needed the foot size. There's a bunch of excess material around the waist and in the legs)... I got a bunch of pinhole leaks where the seams on the insides of the legs rub together. I tried to exchange them and they offered me $29 in store credit because I didn't have the receipt (they were a gift), so I aquasealed them instead.

My buddy has the hodgman h3's and one of the socks started leaking at the seam between the sock and wader. Not sure if he tried to get a warranty replacement or not.

I'd try to finagle a way to get the Simms Tributarys. They come in long sizes but cabela's doesn't stock them.
William Schlafer  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 5:28:55 PM(UTC)
William Schlafer

Was thanked: 200 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Here's a good deal on pants style waders at The Driftless Angler: Redington Palix River Pant Wader

UserPostedImage

I recall trying these on in the past. For an idea of fit, I'm 5' 7" and they were about 4-5 inches too long for me.

-Bill
“You'll never look back on your life and wish you had spent more time in the office." -- Brian Trautman, Captain SV Delos
AKinMN  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 9:27:50 PM(UTC)
AKinMN

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
About 10 years ago after going through numerous pairs of cheap waders (Cabelas and Hodgemans) that always leaked prematurely, I moved to Patagonia (they fit me better than Simms) and haven't looked back. You really get what you pay for in terms of comfort, breathability, and durability. Not sure that this helps with tall sizes and a Cabelas gift card, but I'd get the they carry and that you can afford.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 31, 2019 9:29:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified